With over 40 tanker vessels, EXMAR Ship Management is a world-class global provider of specialized services to the oil and gas industry at the intersection of maritime and off-shore. We manage specialized floating assets and deliver tailor-made services combining our maritime and off-shore knowhow efficiently and innovatively.
The team of Technical Superintendents in Shipping oversees the technical performance and status of LPG carriers and juice carriers under their care. They make profound technical decisions in an efficient, timely, preventive and sometimes innovative way. In the dynamic and hectic industry they are the stable base for the crew, the office departments, Management, Owners and Charterers.
To support our enlarged set of activities, we are looking to expand our team with a dedicated colleague to look after the orange juice carriers.
You would be trained to become a Technical Superintendent. During that training period (about one year), you will receive intensive training in office, on board our ships and during dry dockings
The core responsibilities of a Technical Superintendent include:
- Overviewing all aspects of the day-to-day technical management and safe operation of the vessels.
- Closely monitoring the technical status of the vessels focusing on planned maintenance tasks completed by the ship’s staff, follow-up on possible breakdowns and on action points from audits and inspections.
- Taking control and timely initiative in the validity and renewals of Statutory Certificates.
- Taking initiative in the timely implementation of new regulations.
- Managing budgets and overviewing all costs for the vessel’s efficient operation.
- Assisting the HSEQ & Marine Department and reviewing of Risk.
- Assessments and incident investigations.
- Taking responsibility in preparing and carrying out of Intermediate Survey and Special Survey docking in a timely, efficient, technically correct and economic-conscious way
- Attending the vessels for inspection and / or during repair periods abroad.
- Reporting both verbally and in writing to management and owners.
- Qualified in Maritime, Industrial or Civil Engineering, preferably with a specialisation in electro mechanics or the equivalent by experience.
- Fluent expression in English (written and verbal) and excellent skills in communication to efficiently produce clear and relevant reports.
- Strong budgeting skills.
- Good operational skills and (technical) knowledge in Merchant Shipping and LPG operations are an advantage.
- Reliability: you act consistently with integrity, objectivity and transparency, you take up responsibility and honour agreements
- Analytical ability: you distinguish between main and side issues
- Organisation and planning: you determine objectives and priorities in an effective and systematic manner and you set the actions, time and resources required to be able to achieve the goals that have been set
- Listens: you are able to correctly take on-board and process verbal messages, by observing responses and further questioning
- Cooperation: you like working or acting together willingly for a common purpose or benefit
- Take initiative: you take actions and grasp opportunities to promote the achievement of the goal
- Consensual: you weigh various perspectives and interests against each other and through discussion arrive at agreement
- Persuasiveness: by using influencing methods and well underpinned arguments, you bring others to a certain point of view and gain their approval
Exmar Ship Management offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our values are Respect, Commitment, Working in Alliances and Innovation. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Exmar Ship Management. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to our Shipping BU Director: Mr Marc Robert (firstname.lastname@example.org)